Hydrogen breath tests for diagnosis of lactose intolerance and other carbohydrate malabsorption
The LactoFAN2 is a powerful diagnostic tool for measuring hydrogen concentrations in exhaled breath. From a single breath release, measurements are instantly displayed on the large, easy to read liquid crystal display of the hand-held device.
The main clinical application of the LactoFAN is the diagnosis of intestinal lactose malabsorption by monitoring the exhaled H2 after ingestion of lactose.
Simple, accurate and reliable in-clinic device & testing kits.
- Lactose intolerance and malabsorption
- Carbohydrate malabsorption and breakdown dysfunction
- Sucrose and Fructose malabsorption
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth
- Impaired intestinal transit time
- Easy operation by the glove-capable touchscreen
- Simple graphical onscreen user guidance
- Simultaneous testing for up to 6 patients
- Continuously updated result history
- No warm-up time required
- Automatic reset, sensor drift detection
- Semi-automatic calibration
- Operation from 4 standard AA–size rechargeable batteries
- Supplied with starter kit in a sturdy carry case, consumables, substrates and patient support guide